Thursday, September 08, 2005

Taco Smell

I made the mistake of eating at Taco Bell for lunch today. I soon remembered that I'd have had a better meal if I had eaten a can of Alpo in a dirty sock. But USDA Grade D beef jokes aside, there was something else about my experience that gave me that sick-to-your-stomach feeling more than the food (or the smell in the restaurant for that matter).

The shitwipes had the audacity to charge me 75 cents to use my frickin' debit card.

If I hadn't already been pushing it on time to get back to work, I'd have told the manager to take three quarters instead and have them relocated to a very unpleasant region of his body. My $3.50 for ground cow asshole and week old produce from the grocery store dumpster jumped to more than $4. That's about a 22% increase. And for what? So the fucker serving me this pile of steaming dog excrement can get paid a little extra to give me a good case of the butt mud? Wha'? And forget the "convenience charge" bullshit. Sure it's convenient to line your pockets with other people's money, that's a given. I know using those machines ain't free for them, but I thought the point was that the benefit to the store was a guaranteed payment for a fraction of a cent per dollar. Sure, cash more than achieves that, I know. But can you really expect to be competitive in today's economy without taking payment with plastic sans surcharge? The Wendy's, Arby's, Chick-fil-A, KFC, Panera Bread, Atlanta Bread Company, etc. that are within projectile vomit range just became a bit more attractive there Mr. General Manager. And it's not just because their products actually resemble food.

No comments: