Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Buck Futters!

I hate having to take classes during the summer.

Especially when it's a total waste of time. I could be working on my tan, working for money, working for the weekend. But no, I'm doing some god awful busy work that we sort of already did in the first 2 modules of the 3 part course. And all of this (200 seat hours they say) for a gifted endorsement on my teaching certificate. Fuck you, you fucking repeating pieces of shit. We've done this stuff before. Everybody is saying it and you get mad at us when we point it out. There'd be an all-out riot if I tried pulling this kind of shit with my students.

Stop wasting my fucking time. I've worked my ass off for 9 hard months to get to this point, the only justification I can make for the cut in pay that I'm taking for not getting a real fucking job.

Am I pissed? You bet. And probably will be every day for the next 5 business days.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Isn't avoiding repetitive, boring, rote instruction the whole point of having gifted classes in the first place?

chris said...

I think that's part of my point that I didn't get around to. We're good enough to use it, just not good enough to get it.

You should have seen her snap at this other guy today. Hell, my lashing yesterday seemed tame by comparison. And we got punished through the fact that our assignment parameters were expanded to include quite a bit more work. Of course, I think that's mostly a stalling tactic on their part to make this horse dooky last until Tuesday.