Wednesday, November 05, 2008

optimism

Ah.

The election season, which is about two years long now, is finally coming to a close. Except here in Georgia where we have a Senate runoff because of a tenth of a percent of voters. So here we look forward to having four more weeks of the nastiest campaign ads that we'll ever see, at least for about four more years. Maybe two depending on how hot and contested the mid-term elections get. Or more realistically about three months afterwards with the current running average on campaign lengths.

I have to admit that it's my fault that Barack Obama won. If I had stayed up and watched the results, I am sure that it would have turned out differently. Too bad I find the whole process superficial and what's the word...? Boring? I mean, come on. Does a guy really need to spend $6 billion dollars to get elected to a job that rakes in about $400k annually? At that rate, he can look forward to a return on investment in about 15,000 years. Good luck on extending that term limit there, buddy. Hope it was worth it. For that kind of scratch, I'd have just bought my own third-world country and been king until I die. Your wimpy President job is no match for being a ruthless ruler. Your job has expectations of greatness. Mine would demand that people call me "Greatness." People would bow down to you because they think you're a saint or something. Mine would bow to me because otherwise I would kill their goats, hose down their mud houses, and ride off on their women. Sucker.

It's funny that a good portion of the US voting population has confidence in an Obama presidency. It's ironic that the people that matter don't. You know, the ones with the money that drives the economy? People who read real history books (not crummy high school textbook versions) have seen a lot of this policy of "change" stuff before. Let's talk again in four years after this guy has proven himself to be a bigger and badderest version of Jimmy Carter.

PS - Calling Barack Obama "this guy" in that last sentence is probably a racist statement.

No comments: