Monday, August 25, 2008

how mccain can win my vote

Pick a quality VP candidate. It's not too much to ask. I definitely won't vote for his top competitor so he has that going for him.

Who would win my vote? Three people that I can think of. The easiest choice is Ron Paul. Want a guaranteed vote from me in November? Pick this guy. He's honest, he's not overly conservative, he upholds the Constitution, is a foreign non-interventionist, and he has a vision for the country that involves us remaining on top. He has the age thing working against him if that's an issue for a voter but that just leads me think that those voters have a lack of faith in modern medicine and statistics that people are living well past 80.

Who else might win my vote? Condoleeza Rice. It'd up the ante on Obama's race-card by raising him a vagina. It's not that I'm a big Condoleeza fan, I'd just really enjoy seeing some of the air let out on the whole "historic and monumental" Obama band-wagon. Besides, it'd make great TV and talk radio between now and November.

Mike Huckabee. And for the sole reason that he is a Fair Tax supporter. Do I believe it's a panacea for our country? No, but it's a good start and will stop rewarding non-productive people (economically speaking, not reproductively) at the expense of the productive people. He's a bit too theologically conservative for my tastes, but that would probably be a good thing for the McCain ticket vote-bringing-wise since it means putting our women, gay people, and pre-aborted fetuses in their place for the ultra-conservatives. Wow, I just made up a double-hyphenated word in there somewhere.

So listen up Mr. McCain!
  1. Ron Paul
  2. Condoleeza Rice
  3. distant third, Mike Huckabee
I still predict keeping the party happy by picking Mr. Second Place. I'm still going to cross my fingers for a McCain-Paul ticket.

4 comments:

Brian said...

Paul would be an interesting, gutsy choice. Which is exactly why it won't happen. Plus I'm pretty sure McCain hates his guts.

The problem with Rice is the same problem with any other high Bush administration official: team Bush is radioactive, and doing anything that implies continuity with it would be tactically suicidal. Which is why I hope he does it.

I will vote for a retarded monkey before I ever agree to a Southern Baptist preacher being within a heartbeat of the presidency.

My opinion on this is irrelevant though, because there's no way in hell I'm voting for McCain.

chris said...

I'm only onboard the R-train if it's Ron Paul. Which means I'm most likely not.

chris said...

And if your ass votes for Obama and then moves to Canada I'm sending a mercenary to castrate you while you sleep.

Brian said...

Who knows...maybe in 2012 I can vote for Obama from Canada...MWAHHH HA HA HAA HAAAA!!!